Political Affairs Internship Programme UK – Unpaid
Are you passionate about fighting global poverty? Do you want to make a change for a better world? Then look no further!
Our remote internships are work from home roles, weekly deadlines must be met, meetings will be held online and a weekly update of your progress submitted.
All positions are unpaid, but we work with schools to ensure college credit is available, if applicable.
While the hiring process is incredibly competitive, we look for a diverse range of backgrounds. We’ve found no correlation between high grades and/or prestigious universities when it comes to determining who will have the biggest impact for the world’s poor. Our selection process focuses on finding great individuals, with a strong work ethic and passion for righting wrongs.
We respond to every application, reply to all queries and always notify you of the outcome of our interviews. Please add borgenproject.org to your list of safe email senders and check your spam/junk email folder to ensure you are receiving our communications. If you haven’t had a reply or have any difficulty applying, please email us at [email protected] and we will respond.
Political Affairs Internship Programme UK
This is a part-time 12-hours per week, unpaid remote programme. The programme is for 12 weeks, however, if your availability is limited, you can work ahead and complete the programme in fewer weeks.
- Leading public and political outreach in your region.
- Meet with local government.
- Represent The Borgen Project at various business, political and community events.
- Assist with fundraising. Create a personal fundraising campaign and meet targets.
- Mobilise individuals to contact their government officials in support of key poverty-reduction legislation.
- As needed, speak to groups, classes and organisations.
- Write letters of support for key programmes to political leaders, media and other groups.
Qualifications: Outstanding writing skills. A self-starter who can produce great results with limited supervision. Strong oral communication skills and ability to lead meetings and give speeches.
Start Date: New programmes begin every month, you choose the month you wish to start.