The Inside Scoop on Seattle Internships
There are a limited number of Seattle internships available at The Borgen Project’s office. Only 12% of intern candidates applying to The Borgen Project are selected. While the hiring process is incredibly competitive, we look for a diverse range of backgrounds. We’ve found no correlation between interns with high GPA’s, MBA’s and/or prestigious universities when it comes to determining who will have the biggest impact for the organization. Our selection process for Seattle internships focuses more on finding great individuals, with a strong work ethic, passion for righting wrongs and willingness to take on any assignment that needs done. The in-office team is small and anyone selected to be part of it will wear multiple hats.
- Office Culture: Work hard, play hard. The Borgen Project is a young and energetic organization. We have fun, but we’re all business when it comes to bringing political attention to poverty.
- What to Expect: The movement is big, but the organization is small. Be flexible and be prepared to take on any assignment.
- Dress Code: Business Casual.
Seattle Internships: Current Openings
Donor Relations Internship
The Donor Relations intern is responsible for processing donations and sending communications to donors.
- Process donations.
- Send information to donors.
- Prepare and send fundraising reports.
- Create a personal fundraising campaign and meet targets.
- Must be flexible. The Borgen Project is a small nonprofit and roles can change week-to-week depending on the need.
Details: Internships are unpaid. 192-hours required, 60-hours can be completed from home. College credit is available. Minimum 4-days per week, 15-hours per week for 12-weeks. Must be available Monday’s 4:30 – 6:00 PM for The Borgen Project’s national conference call.
Location: Seattle, WA (Ballard).
To Apply: Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Donor Relations Intern” in the subject.
Social Media Internship
The Borgen Project is selecting a Social Media Intern who will primarily focus on creation and distribution of content. Must have education/work experience in social media and/or be highly active on multiple social media accounts.
- Update social media accounts.
- Find and create profiles on new social media sites.
- Tweet articles posted to The Borgen Project’s blog and magazine.
- Notify writers when their articles are published online.
- Assist with finding content for newsletters.
- Write content for pages that target SEO key terms.
Details: This is an unpaid internship, 16-hours per week for 12-weeks. This position works 4-hours per week in-office and works from home the rest of the week meeting strict deadlines. Must be available Monday’s 4:30-6:00PM for The Borgen Project’s national conference call.
Location: Seattle, WA (Ballard) – Telecommute + one day per week at the office.
To Apply: To be considered for the Social Media Internship in Seattle, please email your resume to email@example.com with “Social Media Intern” in the subject. In the email, please include links to your social media profiles and/or social media groups you manage.
The following internships are done out of the office. Candidates selected must meet weekly deadlines.
Students from the following colleges have interned at The Borgen Project HQ’s:
Arizona State University
Claremont McKenna College
Edmonds Community College
European University (Ukraine)
George Washington University
New York University
Pacific Lutheran University
Saint Louis University
Seattle Pacific University
St. Lawrence University
University of Colorado
University of Denver
University of Durham
University of Georgia
University of Iowa
University of Los Angeles
University of Miami
University of Michigan
University of Montana Western
University of Puget Sound
University of St. Andrews
University of Texas
University of Virginia
University of California San Diego
University of Washington
University of Wisconsin
Waseda University (Tokyo)
Washington State University
Washington University in Saint Louis
Western Washington Univerisity