The Borgen Project’s Regional Directors represent the organization in congressional districts throughout the U.S. These professionals come from a variety of backgrounds and volunteer in a telecommuting capacity.
APPLY TO BECOME A REGIONAL DIRECTOR
Location: Nationwide. Regional Directors telecommute and can volunteer from anywhere in the United States.
Details: Regional Directors operate independently from home and maintain contact with The Borgen Project’s Seattle office. Regional Directors are volunteer and sign a 6-month contract. The position is volunteer and roughly 4-6 hours per week. Directors attend a conference call every Monday evening.
– Attend one (30-60 minute) conference call every week with the President of The Borgen Project and Regional Directors from across the United States (5PM PST, 6PM MST, 7PM CST, 8PM EST).
– Meet with local congressional offices and lobby for legislation that improves living conditions for those living on less than $1 per day.
– Mobilize people to contact congressional leaders in support of timely poverty reduction legislation.
– Manage and implement fundraising campaigns.
– Build a network of people engaged in the cause.
– Serve as The Borgen Project’s ambassador in your city.
– Basic understanding of the congressional process and international development
– Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks while managing their work time efficiently
– Ability to demonstrate frequent independent judgment with decisiveness
– Excellent overall communication skills: oral, written, presentation
To Apply: Send your resume to email@example.com.