It’s important that we remember and memorialize the great humanitarians that have left their marks. Here are some great humanitarian quotes:
- “Overcoming poverty is not a gesture of charity, it is an act of justice.” – Nelson Mandela
- “Do your little bit of good where you are. It’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” – Desmond Tutu
- “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “I think we all want justice and equality, a chance for a life with meaning. All of us would like to believe that if we were in a bad situation, someone would help us.” – Angelina Jolie
- “True Heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.” – Arthur Ashe
- “We always overestimate the change that will occur in the next two years and underestimate the change that will occur in the next ten. Don’t let yourself be lulled into inaction.” – Bill Gates
- “Everyone needs to be valued. Everyone has the potential to give something back. – Princess Diana
- Don’t look for big things, just do small things with great love….The smaller the thing, the greater must be our love.” – Mother Teresa
- “Philanthropy is commendable, but it must not cause the philanthropist to overlook the circumstances of economic injustice which make philanthropy necessary.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Therefore I feel that the aforementioned guiding principle must be modified to read: If you desire peace, cultivate justice, but at the same time cultivate the fields to produce more bread; otherwise there will be no peace.” – Norman Borlaug
These humanitarian quotes will hopefully inspire you to become a more active member of society while always staying mindful of those less fortunate. If each of us plays our part, our journey toward harmonious peace will be accelerated.
– Sunny Bhatt