Writing/Journalism Internship at The Borgen Project
Hours: 12 per week
Duration: 12 weeks
Start Date: New programs begin every month, you choose the month you wish to start
Focus Areas: Writing articles for The Blog and Magazine on a chosen focus topic
- Attend orientation the first Monday of your internship at 9am PT. (Online)
- Weekly Tracker
- Writer will fill out their weekly tracker and turn in the document by 11 PM PST every Friday.
- The weekly tracker is a document that provides tasks related to The Borgen Project mission and its focus areas that need to be accomplished each week.
These goals are the expectations in which each intern will be evaluated on and expected to complete by the end of the internship program.
|Write 1 article per week||Call and email Congress/Government weekly||Raise $500/£400||Mobilize others to email Congress/Government|
If you wish to focus on Journalistic writing during your time in the role, then we will encourage you to write articles based on original investigative reporting.
This reporting could include:
- Interviews – Know someone who is involved in the fight against poverty? Ask to schedule an interview or, if that’s not possible, try emailing them a list of questions.
- Events – Is there a human rights rally in your city? Is an NGO holding a fundraiser? Go out to the event and write an article about it!
- Travel – Are you traveling to a region with extreme poverty? Do you have contacts there from previous travel? Writing a first-hand report on the people and conditions in a developing nation would make for a great article.
- Political – Is your representative back in your district? Do you happen to live in Washington D.C.? Try visiting your political leaders and writing an article about it.
To apply send your resume and two writing samples to [email protected]
Perhaps not the role you wanted? Take a look at our other volunteer and internship positions