Name: Taylor Tody
Location: Rockford, MN
Position: Political Affairs Intern
Fundraising Goal: $750
How did you get interested in global issues?
I’ve always had a passion for people, but after my year as a Rockford Ambassador, I realized I wanted to help more than ever. I strive to be active in my community and make a difference where it really counts. I have always been a lover and my passion for others burns bright. I believe every human has the right to a healthy life and pairing with The Borgen Project allows me to speak on behalf of those who are not as fortunate as I have been.
Why are you volunteering your time to serve the world’s poor?
I have fallen in love with volunteering over the course of my life. I love meeting and talking with new people, I love seeing those you are helping faces light up, and I love knowing I am making a difference. There’s nothing better than knowing you are contributing to a better lifestyle for someone else!
Any interesting tidbits to share?
I always say my favorite things are people, politics, and puppies. Besides those, I love volleyball, and I am in my second year as a coach! I am currently volunteering as a reading tutor with Reading Partners at Anishinabe Academy in Minneapolis!
My compassion/humility list:
I will do the following for any friends or family who donates in my honor…
- For EVERY donation a handwritten, custom thank you letter!
- For every $15 donation, a candy bar of your choice included with the thank you letter
- For every $50 donation, I will babysit your kiddos for 1 night
- For every $75 donation, I will cook you dinner
- For every $100+ donation, I will make you your own yard sign that says “I DONATED $(???) TO THE BORGEN PROJECT… What did you do today?” OR I will post a video to my social media of me thanking you for your donation!
Support Taylor’s Fundraising Campaign
* To ensure they receive recognition, please enter the name of the person you are donating on behalf of below.
The Borgen Project is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization. All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. For more information, please contact [email protected] or (206) 471-4148.
To Donate by Mail:
The Borgen Project
1416 NW 46th Street, Suite 105 PMB 145
Seattle, WA 98107
Visit The Borgen Project!
To arrange a tour of the office, please email:
Donate with Phone Apps: Cash App ($BorgenProject) or Venmo.
“Having made tremendous strides on behalf of impoverished families throughout the world, I applaud The Borgen Project for its tireless commitment to ending global poverty. Through strategic advocacy and public education, you are helping to shape U.S. policy for the betterment of mankind.”
– Gov. Jay Inslee (WA)
The Borgen Project has earned the GuideStar Exchange Seal for commitment to transparency.
- View financials
- Success tracker
- Become a sponsor
- Info for including a donation in your will or trust