Name: Nick Umlauf
Location: Seattle, Washington
Fundraising Goal: $750
How did you get interested in global issues? As a political science major at the University of Washington, I constantly hear about global issues in the classes that I take.
Why are you volunteering your time to serve the world’s poor? I am volunteering because I am passionate about reducing poverty and economic inequality throughout the world. I figured that the best way to accomplish this goal would be to help an organization committed to combating international poverty.
Any interesting tidbits to share? I can put one leg behind my head. I am also a basketball, football, and soccer fan. I used to play the trumpet.
My compassion/humility list:
I will do the following for any friends or family who donates in my honor…
- Provide a 10-minute-long rap freestyle for $25.
- Jump in Lake Washington at 5:00AM every day for a week for $25 (a video of the jump will be sent each morning).
- 3 round-trip car rides around the greater Seattle area for $100.
- A 5-minute back massage for $5.
- A 10-minute back massage for $10.
- Smiling for 10 minutes straight for $15.
- Make you a delicious sandwich for $30.
- I will memorize a random paragraph from a book or speech for $25.
- I will give 110% on the basketball court during a pick-up basketball game for $5.
- I will never forget your full name for $3.
Support Nick’s Fundraising Campaign
* To ensure they receive recognition, please enter the name of the person you are donating on behalf of below.
The Borgen Project is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization. All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. For more information, please contact [email protected] or (206) 471-4148.
To Donate by Mail:
The Borgen Project
1416 NW 46th Street, Suite 105 PMB 145
Seattle, WA 98107
Visit The Borgen Project!
To arrange a tour of the office, please email:
Donate with Phone Apps: Cash App ($TheBorgenProject) or Venmo.
“Having made tremendous strides on behalf of impoverished families throughout the world, I applaud The Borgen Project for its tireless commitment to ending global poverty. Through strategic advocacy and public education, you are helping to shape U.S. policy for the betterment of mankind.”
– Gov. Jay Inslee (WA)
The Borgen Project has earned the GuideStar Exchange Seal for commitment to transparency.