Name: Molly Power
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Position: Writing Intern
Fundraising Goal: $1,000. If we reach this goal, I will livestream as I dance at the most crowded intersection I can find during rush hour while wearing a dinosaur mask, in the name of fighting to make poverty “extinct.”
How did you get interested in global issues? I am an International Studies major, so I’m constantly reminded of the global issues that need fixing.
Why are you volunteering your time to serve the world’s poor? I am lucky to live a life of privilege. I think it’s only fair to use my education and resources to help those who go without.
Any interesting tidbits to share? This is my first fundraising effort!
Follow me on my Instagram (@letsmakepovertyextinct) to keep up with donation counts and issue coverage by yours truly.
My compassion/humility list:
I will do the following for any friends or family who donates in my honor…
- $10+ for a shout out on my fundraising Instagram (@letsmakepovertyextinct)
- $20+ for a shout out and a “Borgen Project” sticker
- $50+ for a shout out, sticker, and homemade cookies delivered to your doorstep
- $100+ for a shout out, sticker, homemade cookies, and I’ll write “[Your Name] is the best!” on my forehead and keep it there all day
- $1,000 for naming rights of my first-born child (just kidding, but if this tempts you… let’s talk)
Support Molly’s Fundraising Campaign
* To ensure they receive recognition, please enter the name of the person you are donating on behalf of below.
The Borgen Project is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization. All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. For more information, please contact [email protected] or (206) 471-4148.
To Donate by Mail:
The Borgen Project
1416 NW 46th Street, Suite 105 PMB 145
Seattle, WA 98107
Visit The Borgen Project!
To arrange a tour of the office, please email:
Donate with Phone Apps: Cash App ($TheBorgenProject) or Venmo.
“Having made tremendous strides on behalf of impoverished families throughout the world, I applaud The Borgen Project for its tireless commitment to ending global poverty. Through strategic advocacy and public education, you are helping to shape U.S. policy for the betterment of mankind.”
– Gov. Jay Inslee (WA)
The Borgen Project has earned the GuideStar Exchange Seal for commitment to transparency.