Name: Mason Sansonia
Location: New York, NY
Fundraising Goal: $500
How did you get interested in global issues?
When I was young, my dad began organizing benefit concerts to raise money for those in need. It began just a little before Hurricane Katrina hit the U.S., and since then, he’s kept going, with benefits for several different issues, including several international aid organizations.
Why are you volunteering your time to serve the world’s poor?
They need help. I’m also a voracious consumer of new information. It’s the best way to broaden my mind, and that will help me write better stories, which is what I want to do for a living.
Any interesting tidbits to share?
I love to write, read, and learn things. They’re pretty much my favorite things to do. I’ve been doing karate since I was eight years old, playing music since before that, and I have come to the realization that there’s always more to understand.
My compassion/humility list:
I am good at writing, I’m a good singer, and I’m at least amusing when it comes to dancing. And I want to please those who donate to a worthy cause. Give to something greater than us, and I promise to give you my all. Obviously, no amount is too small, but for those who want to go the extra mile:
I will do the following for any friends or family who donates in my honor…
1. For donations of $50, I will record myself dancing and send it to you. You can keep this recording for your own personal amusement, or use it to make me look silly in front of people. I would urge you to do the former, not the latter.
2. For donations of $100, I’ll sing you a song. Got a song in mind? Want the lyrics changed somehow? Want a song without lyrics to have lyrics? Got something of your own you want me to sing? Tell me!
3. For donations of $150 or more, I will write for you. Write what? Well, what would you like? A story? An advertisement? An elaborate letter detailing why you can’t come to class because you’re needed on urgent White House business? Let me know!
Support Mason’s Fundraising Campaign
* To ensure they receive recognition, please enter the name of the person you are donating on behalf of below.
The Borgen Project is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization. All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. For more information, please contact [email protected] or (206) 471-4148.
To Donate by Mail:
The Borgen Project
1416 NW 46th Street, Suite 105 PMB 145
Seattle, WA 98107
Visit The Borgen Project!
To arrange a tour of the office, please email:
Donate with Phone Apps: Cash App ($BorgenProject) or Venmo.
“Having made tremendous strides on behalf of impoverished families throughout the world, I applaud The Borgen Project for its tireless commitment to ending global poverty. Through strategic advocacy and public education, you are helping to shape U.S. policy for the betterment of mankind.”
– Gov. Jay Inslee (WA)
The Borgen Project has earned the GuideStar Exchange Seal for commitment to transparency.
- View financials
- Success tracker
- Become a sponsor
- Info for including a donation in your will or trust