Name: Krity Deb
Location: Issaquah, WA
Role: HR Team member
Fundraising Goal: $500
How did you get interested in global issues?
From my childhood, I have always been close to issues related to poverty, illiteracy, sanitation, extreme climates and natural disasters and seen these things first hand. During school and college days, I participated in drives to educate the underprivileged about sanitation and literacy. During my undergraduate time in 2005, I witnessed, the tsunami that hit Chennai, and I helped set up a donation center at my college. The Borgen Project helps me to expand my scope from national issues to global issues.
Why are you volunteering your time to serve the world’s poor?
While growing up, my parents inspired me to help those in need in various ways like sponsoring children for education, donating books to children living in poverty, and providing free lessons to the poor and underprivileged. With that inspiration, while growing up, I started doing the same for the poor children in my neighborhood. Here, at The Borgen Project I found the opportunity to do the same, but on a global scale.
Any interesting tidbits to share?
- I am an entrepreneur, working for my Virtual Art Studio – Krity’s Kraft Studio. I have my own website, Etsy store and Facebook page where you can check out my Artwork. If you purchase my Artwork, any thing collected over $40 would go towards my efforts for “The Borgen Project” fundraising.
- I love to cook and bake and share my recipes on my Facebook page – KritysKitchen.
My Compassion/Humility List
I will do the following for any friends and family who donate in my honor.
- $50: I’ll bake you my New York style/red velvet cheesecake or another cake of your choice.
- $75: I’ll make your favorite dinner.
- $150: I’ll gift you an original painting (you can choose from my existing paintings or I shall make you one of your choice) on canvas size 16″ x 20″ or a smaller comparable size.
- $300: I’ll gift you my original painting (you can choose from my existing paintings or I shall make you one of your choice) on canvas size 24″x 30″/ 24″ x 36″
Support Krity’s Fundraising Campaign
* To ensure they receive recognition, please enter the name of the person you are donating on behalf of above.
The Borgen Project is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization. All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. For more information, please contact [email protected] or (206) 414-1032.
To Donate by Mail:
The Borgen Project
1416 NW 46th Street, Suite 105 PMB 145
Seattle, WA 98107
Visit The Borgen Project!
To arrange a tour of the office, please email:
“Having made tremendous strides on behalf of impoverished families throughout the world, I applaud The Borgen Project for its tireless commitment to ending global poverty. Through strategic advocacy and public education, you are helping to shape U.S. policy for the betterment of mankind. We are proud to be home to visionary groups like The Borgen Project. You represent the best of who we are as a state and as a people – insightful thinkers, proactive leaders and inspiring problem-solvers, who are committed to redefining what is possible and, ultimately, to changing the world.”
– Gov. Jay Inslee (WA)
- View financials
- Success tracker
- Info for including a donation in your will or trust
- To donate stock, please email [email protected].
The Borgen Project received the Gold Star Seal of Transparency from GuideStar, the world’s largest source of information on nonprofit organizations. Read the entire GuideStar profile of The Borgen Project.