Name: Jordan Washington
Location: Asheville, North Carolina
Fundraising Goal: $750
How did you get interested in global issues?
It seems kinda silly to write this, but the anime known as Hetalia is what first got me interested in the relationship between countries.
Why are you volunteering your time to serve the world’s poor?
I grew up in a church that emphasized volunteering our personal time to serve food to our local town’s homeless shelters. It seems only natural now, as I try to make my mark as a global citizen, that I spend some of that time doing what I can to help ease the stress of global poverty.
Any interesting tidbits to share?
I have a lot of things that I do that I can offer in return for donations to this cause: drawings, songs, works of literature, etc. I’m also good at cleaning and organizing things (though maintaining that will be your responsibility.)
My compassion/humility list:
I will do the following for any friends or family who donates in my honor…
- $50: Digital full-body drawing of one (1) character from any fandom of your choice
- $75: Take you out to dinner at a restaurant of your choosing
- $100: I will allow you to draw on my face and I will walk around (in public) like that for the entire day
- $250: Need someone to grab you a coffee? Have a text you don’t want to send yourself? Ever wonder what your bed would look like if it was made? I’ll be your personal assistant for a week and do those things and more!
- $500: I will write and perform a personalized version of Disney’s “Gaston” in a costume of your choosing to thank you. Videotaping will be allowed.
Support Jordan’s Fundraising Campaign
* To ensure they receive recognition, please enter the name of the person you are donating on behalf of below.
The Borgen Project is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization. All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. For more information, please contact [email protected] or (206) 471-4148.
To Donate by Mail:
The Borgen Project
1416 NW 46th Street, Suite 105 PMB 145
Seattle, WA 98107
Visit The Borgen Project!
To arrange a tour of the office, please email:
Donate with Phone Apps: Cash App ($BorgenProject) or Venmo.
“Having made tremendous strides on behalf of impoverished families throughout the world, I applaud The Borgen Project for its tireless commitment to ending global poverty. Through strategic advocacy and public education, you are helping to shape U.S. policy for the betterment of mankind.”
– Gov. Jay Inslee (WA)
The Borgen Project has earned the GuideStar Exchange Seal for commitment to transparency.
- View financials
- Success tracker
- Become a sponsor
- Info for including a donation in your will or trust