Name: Emmitt Kussrow
Location: Canton, NC
Position: Writer Intern
Fundraising Goal: $650
How did you get interested in global issues?
After being granted the opportunity to travel internationally and experience the rich cultures present outside of the United States, I worked to expand my knowledge of international affairs and the social and economic climates of other countries to become a more culturally literate individual.
Why are you volunteering your time to serve the world’s poor?
I recognize that I have privilege that many individuals worldwide will likely never have access to, particularly those in impoverished nations. As such, I feel it is my duty to use that privilege and the amazing opportunity granted to me by The Borgen Project to raise awareness of global issues. While I may not have much money, the fact that I can contribute my time, effort and knowledge to a worthwhile cause while still pursuing my own education is a chance I cannot pass up.
My compassion/humility list:
I will do the following for any friends or family who donates in my honor…
- Any donor contributing $50 or more will receive a handwritten poem on a subject of their choosing.
- Any donor contributing $85 or more will receive a phone call where I will sing (or attempt) a song of their choice.
- For every donor contributing $120 or more, I will spend 1 entire day speaking like a pirate, including in class and over the phone.
Support Emmitt’s Fundraising Campaign
* To ensure they receive recognition, please enter the name of the person you are donating on behalf of below.
The Borgen Project is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization. All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. For more information, please contact [email protected] or (206) 471-4148.
To Donate by Mail:
The Borgen Project
1416 NW 46th Street, Suite 105 PMB 145
Seattle, WA 98107
Visit The Borgen Project!
To arrange a tour of the office, please email:
Donate with Phone Apps: Cash App ($BorgenProject) or Venmo.
“Having made tremendous strides on behalf of impoverished families throughout the world, I applaud The Borgen Project for its tireless commitment to ending global poverty. Through strategic advocacy and public education, you are helping to shape U.S. policy for the betterment of mankind.”
– Gov. Jay Inslee (WA)
The Borgen Project has earned the GuideStar Exchange Seal for commitment to transparency.
- View financials
- Success tracker
- Become a sponsor
- Info for including a donation in your will or trust