Name: Emma Uk
Location: Millstone Township, NJ
Fundraising Goal: $500
How did you get interested in global issues?
My father is an immigrant and many of my family members have married individuals who have immigrated to the United States. It’s their stories that have opened my eyes to a world beyond my own and have made the issues in their countries – these global issues – my issues.
Why are you volunteering your time to serve the world’s poor?
Because I can. Anyone can become poor or destitute, including myself, and as someone who is able to help others, I consider it my duty to alleviate whatever struggles I can with what I have.
Any interesting tidbits to share?
I’m a writer who nearly died and had to be resuscitated at birth, and I have jumped from a 30-foot cliff into a body of water.
My compassion/humility list:
I will do the following for any friends or family who donates in my honor…
- I will make whatever dessert you want for $50 (you know it’s worth it).
- I’ll make you whatever dinner you please for $100 (I am my mother’s daughter).
- If you want multiple desserts or multiple dinners, that is also an option as long you pay the due amount (that means 2 desserts equals $100 etc.).
- If you want dinner and dessert, I’ll give you a 10% discount for a total of $135 (that’s for however many guests).
Support Fundraising Campaign
* To ensure they receive recognition, please enter the name of the person you are donating on behalf of below.
The Borgen Project is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization. All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. For more information, please contact [email protected] or (206) 471-4148.
To Donate by Mail:
The Borgen Project
1416 NW 46th Street, Suite 105 PMB 145
Seattle, WA 98107
Visit The Borgen Project!
To arrange a tour of the office, please email:
Donate with Phone Apps: Cash App ($TheBorgenProject) or Venmo.
“Having made tremendous strides on behalf of impoverished families throughout the world, I applaud The Borgen Project for its tireless commitment to ending global poverty. Through strategic advocacy and public education, you are helping to shape U.S. policy for the betterment of mankind.”
– Gov. Jay Inslee (WA)
The Borgen Project has earned the GuideStar Exchange Seal for commitment to transparency.
- View financials
- Success tracker
- Become a sponsor
- Info for including a donation in your will or trust