Name: Casey Shaw
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Role: Political Affairs Intern
Fundraising Goal: $500
How did you get interested in global issues?
I started to become interested in global affairs once in college. I later realized that I’d eventually like to work in foreign affairs and soon changed majors to better suit my long-term career goals. I’d specifically like to work in the global health sector.
Why are you volunteering your time to serve the world’s poor?
I’m volunteering my time with The Borgen Project because of my interest in global health. Working to end global poverty, and assist those directly impacted by it, is vital for public health initiatives to succeed in the long-term.
Any interesting tidbits to share?
- I’ve worked with various nonprofits from ones involving education reform to those which aim to increase access to mental health programs. This is the first large-scale international affairs nonprofit organization that I’ve worked with.
- Recent graduate of Boston University
- Minored in Deaf Studies while studying at BU
Support Casey’s Fundraising Campaign
* To ensure they receive recognition, please enter the name of the person you are donating on behalf of above.
The Borgen Project is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization. All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. For more information, please contact [email protected] or (206) 414-1032.
To Donate by Mail:
The Borgen Project
1416 NW 46th Street, Suite 105 PMB 145
Seattle, WA 98107
Visit The Borgen Project!
To arrange a tour of the office, please email:
“Having made tremendous strides on behalf of impoverished families throughout the world, I applaud The Borgen Project for its tireless commitment to ending global poverty. Through strategic advocacy and public education, you are helping to shape U.S. policy for the betterment of mankind. We are proud to be home to visionary groups like The Borgen Project. You represent the best of who we are as a state and as a people – insightful thinkers, proactive leaders and inspiring problem-solvers, who are committed to redefining what is possible and, ultimately, to changing the world.”
– Gov. Jay Inslee (WA)
- View financials
- Success tracker
- Info for including a donation in your will or trust
- To donate stock, please email [email protected].
The Borgen Project received the Gold Star Seal of Transparency from GuideStar, the world’s largest source of information on nonprofit organizations. Read the entire GuideStar profile of The Borgen Project.