Name: Anthony Negron
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia
Role: Writing Intern
Fundraising Goal: $500
How did you get interested in global issues? The Borgen Project. I found the website and I couldn’t stop reading. The Borgen Project doesn’t just keep you informed; they make you feel like you can make a difference on a global scale as part of an incredible team.
Why are you volunteering your time to serve the world’s poor? Since leaving the army, I have been looking for a sense of purpose. I never felt more fulfilled than when I was helping people on humanitarian missions. Spending my time volunteering felt like a good way to return to that.
Any interesting tidbits to share? For the past few years, my passion and dream has been writing. Ultimately, I would love to write short stories and poetry. I already have one book of poetry published and plan to keep publishing.
My Compassion/Humility List
I will do the following for any friends and family who donate in my honor.
- $50 or more: Make you dinner.
- $100 or more: Treat you to an event of your choosing. Festivals, concerts, etc., apply.
- $200 or more: Phew. You are awesome and deserve something awesome. I will get a shirt made with your picture on it that says, “Heroes are real” and wear it, telling everyone about the incredible thing you’ve done. Maybe I’ll give you the password to my Hulu. Seriously. That’s a lot of money.
Support Anthony’s Fundraising Campaign
* To ensure they receive recognition, please enter the name of the person you are donating on behalf of above.
The Borgen Project is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization. All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. For more information, please contact [email protected] or (206) 414-1032.
To Donate by Mail:
The Borgen Project
1416 NW 46th Street, Suite 105 PMB 145
Seattle, WA 98107
Visit The Borgen Project!
To arrange a tour of the office, please email:
“Having made tremendous strides on behalf of impoverished families throughout the world, I applaud The Borgen Project for its tireless commitment to ending global poverty. Through strategic advocacy and public education, you are helping to shape U.S. policy for the betterment of mankind. We are proud to be home to visionary groups like The Borgen Project. You represent the best of who we are as a state and as a people – insightful thinkers, proactive leaders and inspiring problem-solvers, who are committed to redefining what is possible and, ultimately, to changing the world.”
– Gov. Jay Inslee (WA)
- View financials
- Success tracker
- Info for including a donation in your will or trust
- To donate stock, please email [email protected].
The Borgen Project received the Gold Star Seal of Transparency from GuideStar, the world’s largest source of information on nonprofit organizations. Read the entire GuideStar profile of The Borgen Project.