Name: Amena Naik
Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Position: PR/Marketing Intern

Fundraising Goal: $500

 

How did you get interested in global issues?
An Indian by nationality, I was born in Saudi Arabia and raised in Libya, Philippines, Bangladesh and India. Ever since I was a child, I have always compared one country to another and wondered why one is rich and the other poor, why one is developed and the other not as much, why one is dirty while the other clean, why is one so crowded and the other uncongested. Being a well-aware, educated adult, I believe it’s my responsibility to fight against these inequalities to create a better and happier world in every way I can.

 

Why are you volunteering your time to serve the world’s poor?
Why not? – I ask. Whoever is reading this is among the 20% of the population who have access to all necessities of life. But, what about the remaining 80%? Why are we more privileged than them? There is no answer to this question- but just a series of blame-games – blaming society, government, cultures, over population etc. It is time that this stops, and we focus to finding solutions to the problem. This is why I feel strongly about poverty, and I want to do every bit I can to help those who are in need. Up until today, I have always invested in helping the poor in small ways that I can, but The Borgen Project gives me and you an opportunity to go even further and help through a bigger platform!

 

Any interesting tidbits to share?

  • Painter, cook, engineer by education, marketer by profession, on my way to grad school, never lived in a country for more than 4 years.
  • Always on the go for what’s next, always pushing, always learning and always slayyying!

 

My compassion/humility list:
I will do the following for any friends or family who donates in my honor…

  1. $100 – Run an errand for you (virtual or in-person)
  2. $150 – Make you a delicious dinner! (dessert Included)
  3. $250 – Send you a video of me on my hands and knees saying,” YOU ARE GREAT!”
  4. $500 – Shave your name into my hair!

 

Support Amena’s Fundraising Campaign

* To ensure they receive recognition, please enter the name of the person you are donating on behalf of below.

 

The Borgen Project is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization. All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. For more information, please contact [email protected] or (206) 471-4148.

To Donate by Mail:

The Borgen Project
1416 NW 46th Street, Suite 105 PMB 145
Seattle, WA 98107

 

Visit The Borgen Project!
To arrange a tour of the office, please email:
[email protected]

4818 14th Ave NW, Suite 7, Seattle, WA 98107
 

Donate with Phone Apps: Cash App ($BorgenProject) or Venmo.

 

 

“Having made tremendous strides on behalf of impoverished families throughout the world, I applaud The Borgen Project for its tireless commitment to ending global poverty. Through strategic advocacy and public education, you are helping to shape U.S. policy for the betterment of mankind.”

– Gov. Jay Inslee (WA)

 

 

The Borgen Project has earned the GuideStar Exchange Seal for commitment to transparency.

 

Borgen Project Awards