All too often, Congress is challenged to find a solution to something that is broken. However, this bill seeks to enhance transparency and expand programs that are already helping to improve the lives of millions of people.
The African Growth & Opportunity Act (AGOA) and the Millennial Challenge Corporation (MCC) have proven track records in spurring economic development across the world. Strengthening these programs furthers the U.S. position of international leadership, strengthens our domestic job market and economy, while protecting our national security interests.
- Introduced in the Senate: April 5, 2017
- Introduced in the House: July 27, 2017
- Passed in the Senate: April 9, 2018
- Passed in the House: January 17, 2018
- Became Public Law No. 115-167: April 23, 2018
Borgen Project Efforts
- Emails Sent: 5,583
- Number of Meetings: 158
- AGOA and MCA Strengthened
- What is the AGOA and MCA Modernization Act?
- The AGOA and MCA Modernization Act Passes in the House
- The AGOA and MCA Modernization Act Passes the Senate
- Senate Passes AGOA and MCA Modernization Act, Preparing for Presidential signature