The Borgen Project is a Seattle-based organization that works to improve the United States response to the global poverty crisis. The Borgen Project builds public and political support for U.S. legislation and programs that are effective in improving conditions for people living in severe poverty. This position will primarily focus on managing team members, ensuring objectives are achieved and the office operates smoothly.
– Supervise a primarily intern staff including hiring, training, performance evaluations, and handling disciplinary action and termination issues.
– Oversee national recruiting efforts.
– Maintain office efficiency and productivity.
– Depending on background, Bookkeeping and payroll could be a component of the position.
– Experience managing staff with a minimum of 10+ years of work experience.
– Background in HR, Bookkeeping and managing payroll is helpful but not required.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills.