Administrative and Operations Assistant
The Borgen Project, a growing non-profit that addresses the global poverty crisis, is seeking a part time Administrative and Operations Assistant. This position will ensure the efficiency and productivity of the general operations of the office and will support the staff. Responsibilities may include:
- Provide administrative support to management and staff
- Update, maintain and institute methods of quality control in the organization’s databases
- Manage mail and newsletter
- Assist with donor relations
- Make travel arrangements and manage travel and meeting schedules
- Coordinate the maintenance of office equipment
- May be asked to assist with other specific projects as assigned
- 5+ years of office experience
- Extensive software skills and database knowledge
- Internet research abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bookkeeping knowledge is helpful, but not required
This position is part-time, requiring 12-15 hours per week, with 3-4 days per week. Candidate must be available to work in a part-time capacity for a year or longer. To apply please email your resume to email@example.com.
Policy Manager/Congressional Relations
The Borgen Project is a Seattle-based, advocacy organization that is working to make extreme poverty a focus of U.S. foreign policy.
– Meet with congressional staff and leaders to build support for key legislation.
– Track legislation and the organization’s contact with Congressional offices.
– Speak on national conference calls and provide team members with updates.
– Draft legislative backgrounders and advocacy templates.
– Attend meetings with partner coalitions.
– Track and report data.
– Strong communicator.
– Extensive policy knowledge.
– Must be able to commit to a two-year, part-time position.
– Experience working on Capitol Hill is preferred but not required.
Salary: $16 per hour, 12-20 hours per week.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.